With so many CBD products for pets on the market, how do you choose the right one for your pet? We’ve put together this handy guide of things to look for when choosing a CBD product for your pet.
1. Organic – Make sure any product you consider is certified organic so you can be sure it is free of pesticides and herbicides that can have damaging effects on your pet’s health.
2. Grown and manufactured in the U.S.A. – The United States has strict guidelines for what can and cannot be labeled as organic. By choosing only products that are grown and manufactured in the U.S., you can be sure they are produced according to those strict guidelines.
3. Don’t choose based on price – There are a lot of different products out there at a variety of price points. Only once you have narrowed down your choices using the other criteria on this list, should you then consider price. The cheaper products are more likely to have additives, preservatives, solvents and other chemicals you don’t want to give your pet.
4. Non-GMO – GMOs are genetically modified organisms. When you are buying a CBD product for your pet, you want to be sure the product is made from 100% pure hemp and nothing else.
5. Certificate of Analysis – Any good product will have a certificate of analysis available on their website or through their customer service department. This certificate is the results of a third-party independent lab analysis of the product that verifies the amount of CBD in the product.
6. Read reviews – Reviews are an important factor when making any product decision. The reviews can tell you if the product lives up to the claims it makes and the results others have experienced with their own pets.
7. Free of additives, preservatives, solvents, pesticides and herbicides – The most important factor when choosing a CBD product for your pet is to make sure there are no additives, preservatives, solvents, pesticides or herbicides. These chemicals and additives can be detrimental to your pet’s health.
8. Critical CO2 extraction – There are a number of methods of extracting the CBD compound from hemp. The safest and most pure way of doing so is called critical CO2 extraction and produces the purest and cleanest extract of CBD from hemp available.
Choosing a CBD product for your pet can be confusing with all of the different options out there. Using the handy guide above of what to look for can help you narrow down your choices. If you have concerns or questions about a particular CBD product and your pet, speak with your veterinarian for more advice.